Re: Shift key naming

Carl Distefano wrote:

> John:
>
> > As you were aware of problems, I wondered what they were.
>
> But I'm not aware of problems! I have no trouble getting Xy4 to
> recognize Tab as a shift key, and I experience none of the "general
> instability" you mention.

I was just continuing the exchange:
__

> > Did I read somewhere that Xy4Dos is not too co-operative over
> > having the Tab key as a shift key?

> I'm able to, but YMMV.
__

Coming back to it, I'm not sure if you meant "I'm able to
use the Tab as a shift key" or "I'm able to confirm the
doubt .. " I read it as the latter, perhaps wrongly.

> > I've spent a lot of time trying to eliminate from a heavily
> > customized 3.55 kbd file things which 4 might dislike
>
> There should be no need to eliminate anything. Xy3's commands and
> functions are a subset of Xy4's. The KBD file syntax is the same.
> Your Xy3 KBD file should load in Xy4.

I'm just following Signature's "Making the Transition"
document. In there, for just one instance, it says "the PT
command is obsolete". (But I don't know how closely
Signature and 4 coincide.)

> But before you tackle your KBD file, you need to debug STARTUP.INT.
> The flaky startup behavior you describe strongly suggests that there
> are errors there.

The instability started while I was introducing, bit by bit,
the features of my 3.55 kbd file. Still, you may be right.
Where there's problems, it's nice to go in armed ..

In passing, after a very short trial, your suggestion of
replacing

 ;15=

with:

 15=ni