xywrite for Vista

I have been using Xywrite III as DOS word processor on Vista Home Premium with no problems although it only allows a ¾ not full screen.  But the ¾ screen is adequate.   I have XP on another computer at another location and it gives Xy in full screen and works fine. But recently I reloaded my Vista operating system to debug the computer whch was having all sorts of problems and updated it with Service Pack 1.   Suddenly Xy only shows as a tiny 3 x 4 inch screen.  Some setting must have changed when I reloaded Vista, or could it be Service Pack 1?

I was able to restore a ¾ screen by running the  Compatability mode wizard and setting it for C:\xy\Editor.Bat, 640 x 480 screen rez, and disable desktop composition.   A message said that to do this it changed to Vista Basic from Aero.   But when I finished with xy and x out the ¾ screen disappeared.   Would be inconvenient to run the compatability wizard each time so went into appearance menu and changed mode to Vista Basic, thinking that would sold the problem.   But the large screen still vanishes when I leave xy session.

So my question is how can I restore Xy to the regular ¾ screen that I have had all along with Vista Home Premium until I made the changes I described above.

Thanks for any suggestions.

dwise@xxxxxxxx