Re[2]: violation

At 02:51 09.10.2002 fredric.gross@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> I've been away for two weeks, and somebody may already have mentioned this, in which case I apologize. But I read and respond to accumulated e-mail chronologically.

> I have occasionally experienced something in XY3+ that may be what Morris encountered. I call it "keyboard confusion," in which without pressing Alt or any other combination that would call for a
> Save/Get, the computer pretends that I had pressed the Alt key.

I encountered similar problems with the German version (euroscript
3.1), usually in the combination with the cursor keys (100-103).
After using Alt plus one of these keys the program "hooks" in the Alt
status for a while and it needs a couple of further and (depending on
the importance of the piece of text having just written but not yet
saved to disk ...) increasing desperate keystrokes or - in hopeless
cases - a re-start to escape.

Unfortunately, I could never find out what the reason for this eratic
behaviour is - nor could I reproduce it. Sometimes it seems to me as
if a repeat of the same combination of keystrokes that lead to the hook
(i. e. Alt plus the cursor key in my case) or at least of another Alt
combination somehow gives release. But I am not really sure about
this. I played also a little bit around with the usage of the German
equivalent of the NI command but could not observe any interrelationship.

Any solutions would be warmly welcomed!