Re: Spelling

Michel: Your main macro is wrong, I believe. Think about it: you're saying,
in essence, if I'm in French (®VAUD¯=="FRANCAIS"¯), then ***stay*** in
French
(BX (d om=0 )BX (load c:\xy4\fra.spl) etc etc)! In other words, you never
leave French. And likewise, if I'm in English, stay in English. So, because
your default is French, you can't get out of French -- you're stuck. That's
nuts. Moreover, don't even *try* to toggle UD; that's the buggy instruction
that I told you about! OM is your toggle, your only toggle. Set UD and LX
*once* in SETTINGS.DFL and don't touch them again.

Now, you've got:

®LB-Change PCLEXAM ? Microlytics ¯XH BX (UNLOAD
3)®IF®VAUD¯=="FRANCAIS"¯;*;
BX (d om=0 )BX (load c:\xy4\fra.spl)BX (wait)®GL-Fin¯®EI¯;*; BX (d om=31)BX
(load c:\xy4\eng.spl+c:\xy4\pers.spl)BX (wait)
®LB-Fin¯BX (spell);*;

What you *should* have is:

®LB-Change PCLEXAM ? Microlytics ¯XH BX (UNLOAD 3)®IF®VAOM¯==31¯;*;
BX (d om=0)BX (load c:\xy4\fra.spl)BX (wait)®GL-Fin¯®EI¯;*;
BX (d om=31)BX (load c:\xy4\eng.spl)BX (wait)®LB-Fin¯BX (spell)®EX¯;*;

Or something like that. Try that; try it without the "BX (UNLOAD 3)"
instruction too, alternatively -- I'm unsure that you need to UNLOAD; I think
you can just load the newer file on top of the older file, and that probably
wipes the older file out. Look, one way or the other, this thing can be forced
to work. I'm sure, I do it EVERY DAY! But if you want to send me a disk with
the French files (including your personal spell files), I wouldn't have to
guess.

I hardly ever SPELL en masse; I use the Thesaurus a lot, and occasionally
function SO SpellOne (check a single word). But mass SPELL works also with
this dual-dictionary setup. I just tried it, toggling the two spellers -- no
problem. F5 is also no problem.

I'd take it one step at a time. First, load the French PCLEXAM dictionary, and
determine the value of OM. Is it zero? In English it's zero -- but in French
also? That's a very important piece of information. Then, just get the two
dictionaries going -- forget about your personal SPL files until you learn how
to toggle the two main dictionaries successfully. Toggle them MANUALLY on the
CMline. Command "D OM=0" (or whatever the French dictionary's value is) and "D
OM=31" (English). Does that work, or not? If it doesn't work, then look in
your keyboard file, and see whether Q1 through Q6 are assigned to unshifted
keys 59-64. One step at a time! Lemme know. This thing works for me, so it's
gotta work for you too. And BTW, did you move all the Microlytics files to the
C:\XY4 directory? That's WORD.OVR, WFBG.SYN, and DICT.SPL. Do that first.
Move all the PCLEXAM files too ... Demain