Re: Icons in taskbar OT

"Patricia M. Godfrey" wrote:
1. In all three opsyses, if you want a DOS app to have a distinctive icon on the desktop, on the titlebar when it's running, and in the taskbar when it's running, you have to run it as a child of cmd.exe.
Under XP, I get a distinctive icon in all three places with a lnk that points to a batch file, although if I have more than one DOS app running, all running DOS apps are aggregated into a single item in the taskbar, which gets a generic icon (but can be clicked to see the individual items, with distinctive icons). Martin -- Martin J. Osborne http://www.economics.utoronto.ca/osborne Have you seen http://econtheory.org