Re: (OT) RE: bad excuse but inquiry

----- Original Message -----
From: "Russ Urquhart"
Sent: Friday, September 17, 2004 12:18 AM
Subject: Re: (OT) RE: bad excuse but inquiry
Also, I am kind of aggravated about how it seems most MS apps tend to, after they are installed, want to phone home to the mother ship. I have a legal copy of Windows 2000 that i also installed under VPC. I did nothing but install the os and closed VPC. The next morning i received email from MS telling me that there was a patch for my copy of Windows!!
A friend of mine who used to work for MicroSquish tells me that
they have a quasi-paranoid, circle-the-wagons
and -repel-the-invaders frame of mind throughout the company.
Geo Scithers