Re: re Northgate keyboards

Robert Holmgren wrote:

> >> (those nifty seeing-eye mice).
>
> > Say What ? Never heard of those.
>
> Optical mice. M$ makes a couple of glitzy models called Intellimouse
> (an oblique reference, no doubt, to being in bed with Intel). I have
> Intellimouse Explorers. They have 5 buttons (only 3 on non-M$ OSes),
> including the roller or wheel or whatever they call it. Nicely
> configurable, USB (drivers for Virus98 ONLY) and PS/2. The techno
> advance here is that they work on any surface (you don't need a pad) &
> never get "sticky" like the ball-type can after lengthy use, which
> results in wonderfully smooth operation. Try 'em out in a store.

Will do. I think there are some OS/2 drivers floating around for these
now, which would be a consideration for me. The mouse might get picked up
by default anyway for some functions (unless Uncle Bill has pulled another
fast one), but use of the scroll wheel is pretty essential to make a mouse
that has one worthwhile. (I use PS/2 connections, not USB.)

Jordan