styles

Shawn Harrison wanted to know from Ken and myself more about styles:

Well, I'll let Ken fill you in on the details. You'll forgive me, I'm
sure, Shawn, for being a bit vague after all this time. You asked an
interesting question about the difference between Xy styles and
HTML/XML. You're
quite correct. The thinking is different.

A Xywrite style might look like this:

Which would return:

Jack
All work and no play makes jack a dull boy.
All work and no play makes jack a dull boy.
All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. . . . .

Yes, the

code is maintained until canceled. the "MLs" would, however require this.

Jack

All work and no play makes jack a dull boy.

All work and no play makes jack a dull boy.

All work and no play makes jack a dull boy.

That, to my way of thinking is _not_ a better way to do things, but we all have to deal with the world as it is. One solution might be to add a style like , which would put in a redundant (to XyWrite at least) "cancel code" where I have put the and the again. It would, if you attempt this, might also be wise to create a style called and use it rather than the normal mode codes. Would this help in your translations to other programs, perhaps? Cheers! -- Leslie Bialler Columbia University Press lb136@xxxxxxxx > http://www.columbia.edu/cu/cup