Can I get full screen in windows 7 32 bit

Dear Fellow Xywriters

I have a new dell computer with 32 bit windows 7 professional with 4 gigs of ram.  Unitl I get my dmi(I hope that is right) cable for my monitor I am using the vga port on the motherboard and have removed my video card.

 When I went into Xywrite I received a message when I tried to go full screen that the system does not support full screen mode.  Is there a work around for this.

If there isn't, any reason why I should not go back to xp where xy worked fine.  The only reason I got windows 7 was because dell no longer shipped pc's with windows xp.

Avrom Fischer
mailto:avromf@xxxxxxxx or af413@xxxxxxxx
786 Eaat 19th Street
Brooklyn, NY  11230