Re: Keyboard redux

Jordan,

I am using an Avant Stellar, too. Still working ok. And I have compiled
a support package for Avant Stellar users:
http://www.lexitec.fi/xywrite/Avant_keyboard_drivers_and_documentation.zip

It has keyboard reprogramming instructions for unsupported systems (Win
7 and later) and all the utilities needed.

For serious work, the Unicomp USB keyboard may be the only one available
at the moment.

There are experimental kits with function keys on the left (for gamers).
See: http://www.lfkeyboards.com/

Lastly, while I was searching for keyboard information, I stumbled upon
this charmingly softspoken analysis of old IBM mechanical keyboards (if
you do not have 16 minutes to spare right now, do not start viewing it
now, it is so fascinating). And at about 11 minutes, the presentator
describes how he has configured an IBM 5251 (1970's type terminal
keyboard) to the left function key layout most of us yearn for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qw6ebySet0

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxx

*** Lexitec Online ***

I regret that Avant Stellar is not still in business.  I happen to be typing this at home on one.  On the infrequent occasions where you see a (used) Avant being sold on eBay, you might not believe the prices that they command !