orbis for xywrite or orbis for notabene

My name is Gerry Fitzgerald. I am a Washington, D.C. freelance writer and a longtime
xywrite user. Recently I began to spend three or more months a year abroad, and to remain
productive began looking for ways to digitize my now extensive paper files in order to
make them accessible wherever I happen to be. To do this, I plan among other things to
acquire a good scanner and OCR software package, which I would use with Orbis for Xywrite
or Orbis for
Notabene, about which I have heard good things. However, I have no experience with either
and would like to speak to anyone who can assist with advice and counsel, particularly in
the Washington area. My telephone number is
202/234-8719
Many thanks
Gerry Fitzgerald