Orbis & OS/2 speedup tip

For OS/2 users of XyWrite who are interested in NotaBene with
Orbis (the Scholar's Workstation version of NB), here is a tip
that will dramatically speed up indexing. If you installed NB
under Windows95 onto a FAT drive and now run it from OS/2, the
default path for Orbis indexing will be
"C:\nbwin\orbis\textbase". On my first use of Orbis I accepted
this default and found the indexing to be very, very slow. If,
however, you change the default to an HPFS drive you will see an
astonishing speedup. Before starting Orbis, you will first need
to create the new subdirs, as in "F:\nbwin\orbis\textbase" or
whatever name you choose.
Cheers,
John Gordon