Re: more re printing with vDos

Kari,

Would you consider make the modified print file(s) available, independent of the installer?  With everything more or less to my liking, and config.txt settings whose purpose I've long forgotten, there's a wariness about running the setup file....

From: Kari Eveli
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, January 29, 2018 1:44 PM
Subject: Re: more re printing with vDos

Hi all,

John is absolutely right, and the documentation in the print files in
the extras folder in confusing to say the least. It will be fixed
eventually.

Anyway, to support Xy3+, use PCL.PR3 print file for letter and legal,
ignore the "(unsupported by GhostPCL pcl6.exe)" comments, they are wrong
as Edward pointed out to me. Using this file, comment out the FD,PL
lines for Letter if in use, and uncomment the corresponding lines for
Legal at the beginning of the print file. And as John said, put the PC5
delta at the beginning of the file to send the PCL page size code to the
printer (in this case the PDF converter). All is in place for successful
printing of Legal-size pages. No worries about obsolete printers. You
can use any printer supported by modern Windows. The PCL.PR3 printer
file is in my opinion superior to many of the legacy print files around.
It was especially made by me for the installers, and has Times and
Helvetica in many point sizes (sufficient for most uses) given the
inherent limitations of the Xy3 print engine.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxx