Re: A Quick Question

Sorry, I had to get someplace in a hurry and neglected to add a few
instructions to the routine in my previous post. Be sure you have your
cursor positioned where you want the note in the main file when you
begin. Then switch to the other window (Func AS [alternate screen], Alt
F6 in the out of box Xy 4 keyboard). Type your note there. Then, with
your cursor at the end of the note, run the routine (or invoke it with a
keystroke if you've loaded it in your keyboard). The routine will cut
everything from the second window (it DEFines everything from the cursor
position to the Top of File, then cuts it to the clipboard), open a new
footnote in the first file, paste from the clipboard, and then save and
close the note. That keeps the footnote file free of any extraneous
stuff, and obviates the possibility of note 23 getting stuck in where
note 24 was supposed to go (it happens--with shocking regularity;
Murphy's Law of Footnotes).
Patricia