Re: Any news about SmartWords

Er .. excuse me, but what is Smart Words? A new name for XyWrite?

I recently sent The Technology Group the following Email. Got no reply, of
course:

George,

Thank you for your replies, which I appreciated. However there seems to be an
issue here that I do not understand, and I would be extremely grateful if you
could pass this on for an answer from your chief executive or whatever.

If you read stuff on the Internet you will know two things:

The Technology Group has a very bad reputation when it comes to support for
XyWrite. (Rude, brusque are adjectives that occur and which certainly do not
apply to you...) The implication is clear: TTG are really no longer interested in
XyWrite and while you do support it this is somewhat reluctant.

You CAN use foreign language dictionaries in XyWrite for Windows. You just choose
to say you do not and actively discourage users from doing so. Extraordinary! Why
bother to have XyWrite for windows if you do not actively support it (where are
all the bug fixes?) and if XYWRITE for Dos works just as well. I don't understand
the issues here.

The overall impression I get is that faced with the overwhelming superiority (in
numbers, not quality) of Microsoft Word etc you have given up. What a huge, great
shame!!!! A world ruled by Microsoft would be a grey place indeed. Independents
are vital. You have a loyal band of supporters 'out there' and they deserve
better.

XyWrite always was, and still is, and should continue to be, a great product. DO
NOT GIVE UP!!!

Paul Williams