Re: another virus warning?

Just received, but didn't open an email from ≪drdata@molyneu≫, whose subject line reads ≪Re:A virus in the Xywrite List? Read me first≫
Sounds fishy, even though it references the list. Before deleting it
unread, however, I thought I'd ask: Did I miss an earlier email on this
subject? Is drdata@molyneu a member of the list?

Lynn Brenner
I am a member of this list although I mostly lurk.
The earlier note from Paul Williams contained an attachment that, I believe, contained a virus payload. My note did not contain an attachment. If you had read my note, you would see the information about the earlier note and a URL with information on what I believe to be an infected attachment. If you did not receive the note I described, someone did you a favor and filtered it out. In which case, don't worry about it. While you are about it, learn a bit more about how viruses propagate.
And, as I said in that earlier note, it is the nature of this virus that
Paul Williams does not have it but that he knows someone who does. And, I
suspect, someone who is on this list.

Bob Molyneux
drdata@xxxxxxxx