Re: dictionary desk space

Reply to note from "Patricia M. Godfrey"  Wed,
23 May 2007 18:59:08 -0400

> Well. Xy's native speller USED to do that. Unfortunately,
> however Windows and modern hardware manage sound, it no longer
> does. Or at least not at a decibel level to be heard.

I dunno, I have no problem getting my vintage 2004 Windows machine
to beep. Try setting the second value of default EB (a/k/a EB2),
which determines the length of the beep, toward the high end of the
spectrum; for example, D EB=1000,50000. Works here (in fact, much
lower values of EB2 work well, too). YMMV, of course.

> >  2. The next programme is not so much a distionary as it is
> > a corrector of standard typos,
>
> And Xy's native speller does that too.

Yes, auto-replace is the bee's knees.

--