Word count

Something about the WC (word count) command has been bothering me ever since
I started using XyWrite 4 (verson 4.015). According to the manual, "WC" will
not count words in a footnote, unless you expand your screen. In reality,

"WC" counts words in a footnote no matter how the screen is displayed. I have
to change the ≪FN to ≪NT or ≪LB, so that words in a footnote won't be counted.

I do freelance writing, and some of the text has to be annotated for editors.
But I need an exact word count of the body text, not the body text plus the
footnote text. It's annoying not to be able to use the footnote command to
make a footnote. Is this a bug? Is there a fix for this?

Try counting words in this example. Xywrite will always tell you there ar
e 10 words, regardless of whether you are in draft or expanded mode. This doesn't
make sense to me:

This is a word count test. ≪NT This is a note.≫ ≪LB This is a lable.≫

≪FN This is a footnote.≫¶