Re: 64-bit Xy! ++X:\xy4\GetXyIn.ahk ++X:\WK\OPE-SWI.FRM -header In-Reply-To: 54474A82.60305@xxxxxxxx -header References: <201410220337.s9M3bf0L010652@mail1

Reply to note from Kari Eveli  Wed, 22 Oct 2014
09:11:14 +0300

Kari,

> I am eagerly awaiting the sequel of this Autohotkey solution.

OK, here it is. Last night I was the Wizard of Oz. Tonight, little
Toto unmasks the man behind the curtain.

The solution is steampunk, low-tech; it takes advantage of the
bidirectional Clipboard that is available with VBox's Guest
Additions. On the host side, you run an AutoHotKey script, launched
at startup (GetXyIn.ahk -- first attachment). This script simply
monitors the Clipboard for either of two (arbitrarily-chosen)
signals: one ("0xy0") means "open", the other ("1yx1") means
"switch
to". On the XyWrite-W2K side, when you launch frame OPE (or SWI)
(OPE-SWI.FRM --second attachment), it creates an AHK script that
sends "0xy0" (or "1yx1") to the Clipboard. The script on the host
side, upon receiving the signal, immediately clears the Clipboard
and waits for the Clipboard to receive content. Then the Xy-side
script sends the OPE|SWI *argument* to the Clipboard. When the host
script receives it, it opens the file (if the signal is "open") or
switches to a window whose title contains the argument-string (if
the signal is "switch to"). Voilþ! I can't give you courage, but
here's an old-fashioned pocket-watch.

There's got to be a smoother, faster way to do this, possibly by
sending the commands via a serial-port connection between the host
and the VM. I'm going to look into this. But, for now, the steampunk
solution works well enough.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx