Re: Netscape, XyWrite, and the Media

>Setting ideologies, coins, and definitions aside for the moment: It will be
>interesting to listen to the words of those who inveigh against Gates and
>his world if they are suddenly forced to purchase computers where one mfg.
>makes the op. sys, another the software suite, and a third the Internet
>makings. At least I shall have the satisfaction, if not downright fun, of
>hearing you say, "I told you so."
>Cheers!
>Leslie Bialler

If giving a near-monopoly on the operating system to a company that wants to
sell *applications* is such a great idea, how about trying this concept in
other industries?
A Coca Cola monopoly on all drink containers? Ford in charge of road
worthiness certification?
To my simply mind it seemed that there is a basic difference between
container and content.
Time Warner in charge of the internet? Oops, they are trying. Oh well.

-- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo