RE: memory use

You're confusing Help files with Help frames! U2 is a file type,
like HeLP, MeNU and DiaLoG. Xy3 had only HeLP; Signature a/k/a Xy4
introduced MNU, DLG and U1 through U4; XyWin added U5 through U9.
All of these files, whether Xy3, Xy4 or XyWin, contain functional
units called frames.

(snip)
Thanks, Carl. I needed the fuller explanation, which I snipped to save bandwidth.
My eyes had always glazed over at the term "frame," but your description of
it as a "functional unit" helps. So a "frame" could be either an
instruction or a message, just as files can be. I guess they are like subfiles.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx