Re: Carl's Spell Frame

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 6:39 PM, Carl Distefano mailto:cld@xxxxxxxx wrote:
Issue SPELL with the cursor on any word in listed in
SPELL.TMP, with the original file still in the adjacent window, and it
constructs a Change Verify-Case Absolute-Whole Word Only (CVA/W) command
in the form "CVA /questionable_word/questionable_word/". You edit, on
the CMline, the second instance of questionable_word in the CVA command;
then manually launch the CVA command to fix any occurrences of
questionable_word that you want to fix. For example, if the questionable
word is "perrk", frame SPELL will construct the command

Alas, this is not what happens. With the cursor on a word listed in SPELL.TMP and SPELL invoked, the message line below the command line comes to display "CAll subject file in adjacent screen". The adjacent file is in window number 1; SPELL.TMP is in window number 2 with the questionable words, and questionable errata segregated below. (By the way, how are these errata determined?) No CVA/W appears anywhere. ALT-F6 or SHIFT-F6 to the adjacent window shows the original file, no messages, back and forth to SPELL.TMP, nothing doing. As is almost always the case, I may be making an error, or perhaps there is something in my setup that's breaking the frame's action. And, as always, I appreciate your help.

Fred Weiner