Re: off topic (off limits for M$ admirers)

--- "Patricia M. Godfrey"  wrote:

> Ah, yes, I had come across that little jeu d'esprit
> someplace already.

I'm afraid that one has been around since the Carter
administration.
Must have been, because the comparison is way too low. Hard-drive storage,
for instance, in the last 25 years has grown ten-thousandfold (20 megs to
200 gigs) while falling in price a factor of 10--or if you adjust for
inflation, by a factor of maybe 30.
Anyway, I do remember the "if cars were improving as computers are..."
comparison from a long, long, time ago.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx