Re: Workaround for DIR in VBox

Reply to note from Kari Eveli  Thu, 07 Aug 2014
10:57:32 +0300

Kari:

> If you are looking for a reasonably priced recorder, check out
> BB FlashBack Standard Edition (http://www.bbsoftware.co.uk/)

Thanks for tip. I'll check it out. I see that the Standard Edition
doesn't support editing, while the Professional Edition does. The
Pro version is still a hundred bucks cheaper than Camtasia, so it
looks like a good value. But I'll start with a trial of the Standard
version.

> By the way, VirtualPC 2007 does not have the Xy4 DIR problem. I
> think the problem is due to lacking DOS support in VBox. The
> only virtual solution that really supports DOS programs is
> VirtualPC 2007 with 2004 DOS additions.

Sounds worth trying. To do so, do I have to uninstall VirtualBox, or
just make sure that it's not running at the same time as VPC? I know
you've said before that different VMs don't peacefully coexist, and
I don't want to start WWIII on my desktop.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx