Re: batch processing

Attached is an XPL program called GLOBAL.PRO I wrote a number of years ago for making "global" changes to various files of a MS. We have used it extensively for years here at Tyndale House Publishers. It works fine in Xy3; haven't yet adapted it for Xy4 (merely involves changing programming S/G 02 from an esc to programming function ES . . . I *think*). Basically, you just go to the directory where the files are that you want to change, and run the program. It provides you with sort of a template to enter changes in. Then it presents you with a list of files in the directory; you deselect the ones you don't want to alter. (The program guides you through each of these steps.)

FYI, the program aborts whatever is in windows 1 & 2 in order to run.

I also have another XY3 program, "FILLIN.PRO" into which you can insert any XPL routine
you want to run on a batch of files. It works similar to the attached program.

--TLO
Timothy_Olson@xxxxxxxx
(630) 668-8310 x327

>>> "Paul Breeze"  02/21/00 02:15PM >>>
Dear list

Is it possible to batch process files with Xywrite? What I have in mind is
globally changing across a host of files, such as the individual chapters of
a book. I'd like to be able to do this without calling each one
individually, or contatenating them. Any ideas?

Paul Breeze