VBA, Basic, or Perl?

Ken,
  Actually, as much as I like REXX, I would think --- as has
been suggested here before by others --- that if you want to move
to a truly easy to use, universal platform programming language,
why mess around with old tech like
BASIC, in whatever form (VBA, etc.), when you could use Perl?
Perl is available for vms, unix, os/2, dos, or whatever, is
public domain, and some folks claim "you can't write a wrong Perl
script." There is also, in place already, a large support
apparatus for Perl --- at least two or three newsgroups, a couple
of mail lists, and some fidonet echos (two in German).
  Not that BASIC is so bad, but it is rather dated, and Perl is
a lot more innovative, not to mention portable.

-- Harmon Seaver hseaver@xxxxxxxx hseaver@xxxxxxxx
seaverh@xxxxxxxx harmon@xxxxxxxx

We have found the Fountain of Youth in Asia!