death to word

I should have been more exact--what I meant by fully scaleable
typesetting is the ability to set both the pitch and the width of the
type. Some years ago now, a publisher asked me for camera-ready copy,
sent me his standard specs., & Xy allowed me to produce a page every bit
as good as his because of the fully scaleable typesetting. The command
is still available in NB, but it doesn't work because--I guess--printing
now goes through Windows instead of DOS, and one's stuck with what
Windows will do. So for really professional typesetting and formatting
one has to go to a full publishing program, whereas XY used to do it all.

Frank Brownlow