Re: Table cell question

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Wed, 13 Jan 1999 09:53:43 -0800 (PST)

I never use cells; but isn't the inherent concept that width is fixed but height is
variable? You need ten lines, you get them; you need just one line, the cell ends.

So if you want a fixed height, it seems to me that, in lieu of a command that
does it directly, you need to manually reserve a fixed number of lines. Let's
suppose that line spacing =  = single-spacing, and you want a cell 2" high @
3 lines/inch: why not just put (in each cell) six lines with, on each line, a
space followed by a carriage return, as place-holders (or, if space char doesn't
work, a 3-byte Ascii-0 or 255 sure will work). There may be more sophisticated
ways to accomplish this but, as kludges go, that ought to be easy & effective.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx