Re: heavy-duty search & replaces

≪ I have a job coming up where I will want to do
search and replace of longer strings quite frequently. ≫

Wolfgang: Communication breakdown in Tokyo? Peter Evans
is just too polite to mention again a DOS search & replace
utility he's suggested here before, the industrial-strength
SNR? ... Whatever:

I got distracted right after I started getting into SNR, but
a quick glance at docs for the most recent version Peter and
I were able to find then mentions a 4999-character limit for
each side of an s&r "equation" and that 2500 changes max can
be effected in one run. No prob "do"ing this staggering pgm
from the xyW3 CMline. While you must construct s&r table(s)
(max size 64,000 chars each) and comfort with hex syntax
helps, sample tables are numerous and documentation copious.
If can't imagine a heavy-duty s&r need SNR couldn't meet.

Peter, what were those addresses again? Other comments
as an experienced user? (I probably should point out that
I subscribe to the divine xydi, so if Peter has jumped in
today and I'm behind the curve, sorry.)

!xyWise/!xyWiz/!xyWWWiz: new XyW 3 stuff @xxxxxxxxhttp://www.escape.com/%7Eadpf/_xypro.html ===============================