Virtualization rather than multibooting [was Re: La Machine Est Morte, Vive La Machine!]

I totally agree with Kari that virtualization is
the the most sensible and elegant route to go. To
me, multibooting seems unfriendly, time-wasting
and irrational by comparison. Virtualization has
been the most attractive choice since it became
theoretically possible with the 386 processor.
Now, decades later, we are living in a golden age
of virtualization, with all the significant
hardware and software kinks ironed out.

That said, I have yet to try PC2007 and enjoy
XyWrite fullscreen. I have been happy enough with
partial XyWrite screens since Windows 3.1. Though
I can see it would be less distracting, in some
sense, to have XyWrite completely cover the
screen, I find that if I need that level of
freedom from distraction, I am better off with
paper and longhand. I also would not want to have
XyWrite occupying an entire _wide screen_, as most monitors seem to be now.

As I am such a flibbertigibbet, perhaps it is
time for me to find a way of working with XyWrite
where I don't see anything else. Rather than
trying to find a way to run it full screen, I am
going to try running it within Win2K but giving
W2K a black background so that very little else
is visible other than the Xy4 window.