Re: bottom line please on Nota Bene, Smart Words Ect.

>If I'm pretty much just writing, not doing exciting stuff with my
>wprocessor, do I need these?

Of course not. Well, using whatever software you use, can you do what you
need to do? If the answer is yes, you don't need different software. (You
might still want it, though.)

(For interesting, word-processing-irrelevant thoughts on what software is
necessary or even desirable for this and that, see
http://photo.net/wtr/thebook/ .)

> Also, in Win 98, for some reason, I'm no longer logging directly
>into xy4.. it says it can't find it... any quick fix?

Yes, the PATH command.
Peter Evans