Re: page line view margins/mode problems.

>are these things bugs, or are there other ways of working with modes
>that I'm not aware of. I always have used highlight then (control #)
>or control # if i intend to be working in bold or whatever for a
>while. The glitches i described are hugely frustrating. My co author
>and I use modes to identify our edits in 50 page chapters, so I rely
>on them a lot.

I never work that way. Rather, I assign commands like this in my .kbd file
(table = ctrl)
48=bx,m,d, ,b,o,q2
49=Bx,M,D, ,N,M,q2

48 is ctrl-b and 49 is ctrl-n.
I have also set my defaults to show the modes as deltas--makes them easier
to erase if you change your mind. That's df um=1 in settings.dfl.

Regards,

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx