Re: A font of dumbness

I've got a bunch of Speedo fonts, and the Times is Dutch and the Swiss is the
only Helvetica-like font. Did you switch printers too? Xy4's font dialog box
lists printer-native fonts (with a vertical double arrow to the right) along
with Speedo fonts (with an asterisk to the right). CG Times is a printer font;
its Speedo equivalent is Dutch (as has been noted). Same -- probably -- with
Helvetica and Swiss. If I get a chance, I'll figure out the filenames for the
Speedo fonts and let you know. You can also do this yourself; just open each
SPD file in BTFONTS. You could also do a multi-file search for words like
Swiss and see what files come up with a match. Be aware of 2 things: normal,
italic, bold, and bold italic are in separate files; and some files do not
have a font name in them.

Good luck.

Tim Baehr

P.S. I didn't mean to imply that RTF would preserve styles -- just that it
preserves a lot of the formatting. But you can see how really messy any
conversion program is by round-tripping a file through the filters.