Re: which computer

--- BrennerNY@xxxxxxx wrote:

> The computer repair guy I use tells me that Windows
> 98 is the best compromise
> in this situation because it has fewer bugs than ME.
> It's also less likely to
> be a target of new viruses than XP.

I think Patricia is partial to 98. It can be a
problemmatic install on current issue hardware,
though. Getting workable contemporary drivers can be
a real pain.

I find W2K to be tolerable, if / when one _must_ use
Windows. But installing *that* from scratch today
would likely be a different sort of pain: at this
point, I bet you'd have to spend a couple weeks just
applying all the service pack fixes and security
patches ! This may not be relevant in the case of 98
-- I wouldn't know.

Jordan