CONTEST

Joe Solla was the first with a submission for the "contest."
 Congratulations! Joe didn't want a prize, and he doubted the
value (to the rest of us) of having anyone submit privately. I
can see the point, but I'll stick to my plan. I think people
should have that option. I'll probably end up sharing most or
all of them anyway. If any submitters do *not* want their
submissions made public, they should say so.

ML Solla or Joe Solla is a name I haven't seen before (I'm a
relative newcomer myself), but if the "contest" brings a few
lurkers out of the woodwork, welcome! We'd like to hear from
you.

Nathan wanted to know how people could get their hands on the
"prizes" without entering the contest. Caught me a little by
surprise -- I still have a little cleanup to do in the code, and
things won't be ready for a while.
 Also, at least technically, we're not supposed to alter the
stuff that comes out of the box from TTG. My plan was that, in
giving away a modified set of menu files and command file, to
someone who already had them, would be at least in the spirit of
the agreement. As for selling the stuff, I could give you the
modified files and charge for duplicating, documentation,
materials, and shipping. I really wouldn't be selling or giving
away TTG's code, since presumably you already have that. Before
we get too excited about this, let's see if KF has anything to
say that would spoil any part of the plan.  And what is the
interest level anyway? Are we talking dozens of people or just
the six that Joe mentioned!

Re Nathan's calling my stuff XyWrite 5 -- I'm flattered, but I
suspect Dave and others are working too hard on the "real" XY5
for anyone to steal their thunder. The "real" XY5 will have new
EXE code, I assume, and fix some of the things that have been
bedeviling us heavy users.

So -- Joe Solla, congratulations on being the first (not the
last, I hope!).
 For the rest of you who want to send macros or programs --
please send a description of just one. Joe's description of the
text replacement macro comes very close to what I had in mind.