Re: Enhance2

Response to James Besser. He had problems (1) with an error message about
IS08 when he tried to set the options in the Open dialog box to get the file
order to be by date; and (2) the lack of the - and = symbols signifying that
text has been selected. Anybody else experience these problems?

James -
I've tried to duplicate your problems in my system, but couldn't. The
problem *may* be because you don't have any filters installed for file
conversions -- there are some "save/gets" in that routine that include one
labeled . But I'm not sure. Anyway, there's no connection, I think,
with the new menu system. And I'm a bit buffaloed by the lack of - and = to
indicate text selection. I dimly remember a problem with that some time ago,
but I can't make it happen now. I'm using XyWrite for DOS, ver. 4.017; I
wonder if that's a factor.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. If you don't have filters installed, and
you still have your installation disks, it might be worth it to install at
least one filter. That might solve your file-sorting problem. The only
other alternative would be for me to fix TTG's bug by doing minor surgery on
the Open dialog boxes.

Tim Baehr