NBWin Configured as "Xywrite for Windows" (Was: simple calendar question)

** Reply to message from Lisa Kleinholz
on Mon, 30 Jul 2007 03:42:03 -0700 (PDT)

> --- Robert Holmgren  wrote:

>> Truth to tell, in my implementation of NB8, I just disable
>> everything NB has added to the word processor. I don't load
any
>> of their *.AUX files (which contain all their original
>> programming). I use my Xy4 KBD file, and contrive to use my
Xy4
>> STARTUP.INT too. The result is "GUI Xy4 for Windows". The
only
>> part of NB that I'm using is the word processor engine itself,
>> bare bones. If anybody wants to know how to configure NB in
>> this manner (it isn't obvious unless you've studied NB
>> internals), I will happily sketch the procedure.

> I'd love to know how to configure NB in that manner.

OK, here you go. We recently added streaming video to XyWWWeb,
and this is the first in a series: a tutorial that describes
how to configure NBWin as if it was XyWrite 4 -- using all your
Xy4 settings, keyboard, etc.

http://xywrite.org//XyWWWebHelp/XyWrite_for_Windows_(NBWin).htm

This is a Flash video, and you will require:

-- a recent version of Flash (v9.0.28 or higher)
-- Javascript enabled
-- a broadband Internet connection

If you don't have Flash (or a recent version), the webpage will
help you get it, so just go there. It only takes a minute or so
to install Flash -- and the procedure is hands-off. The
duration of the tutorial is 42+ minutes, and I suggest that you
TURN UP THE VOLUME (or use a headset) because I mumble/whisper
(people were sleeping). There's a lot of "stuff" packed into
this... tips, digressions, etc. It is targeted at XyWriters who
also own NBWin; but anyone who has contemplated getting NBWin,
or replacing XyWin, or who is struggling with Xy4's inability to
deal natively with modern computer environments, might find it
useful.

Suggestions/comments are welcome.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx