Question Re: Polarbar; Was Email Lines Mess

On 19 May 2002 at 23:18, Robert Holmgren wrote:

> ** Reply to message from "J. R. Fox"  on Sun, 19
> May 2002 16:03:43 -0800
>
> I don't know about MR/2 (multiplatform?? I don't think so), but
> Polarbar has the best method of accepting files from other mailers
> that I've seen yet (and the best format: none). You just copy all the
> files from the old mailer's various Inbox (or whatever-its-called)
> folders, into Polarbar folders, and "Reindex" one or all of them
> simultaneously. Or just reopen the program, it reindexes at every
> launch. All your msgs from other programs are presto integrated,
> organizable by date/subject/to/from/whatever. Polarbar stuff is all
> plain text, you can read/edit/import/export to XyWrite with hardly any
> effort (just launch "t1310 to expand LineFeeds into true
> s).

Robert,

Polarbar sounds like a fine product, particularly because of its plain text files.
Do you know whether or not it can use the IMAP protocol (in brief, allows
manipulation of e-mail that resides on the mainframe, rather than downloading
first)? At the moment, I use Pegasus Mail for one of my e-mail accounts
because it has a good IMAP implementation, but its file formats are less than
transparent. If Polarbar does not support IMAP, does anyone else (Jordan?)
know if MR/2 does or if MR/2 runs on a Windows platform?

Thanks in advance,

Bill TeBrake

---

William H. TeBrake
Department of History   E-Mail: tebrake@xxxxxxxx
University of Maine     Telephone: Int+1-207-581-1923