Re: A radical idea: a new XyWrite

Flash,

Have you followed what was said of running Windows 3.1x on 64-bit
Windows using Win31DOSBox by Edward Mendelson:
http://www.columbia.edu/%7Eem36/win31dosbox.html

You can, as of now, install easily a copy of Win 3.1 on Win 7 or later
to run PageMaker. Or you might be able to run in VirtualBox under W2K.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxx

*** Lexitec Online ***

I don’t need Xy to provide WYSIWYG functionality. If it could be added without sacrificing the speed and simplicity of the Xy3 UI, fine. Otherwise, I will continue importing Xy3 files into PageMaker and doing my layout functions there. This has worked well for me. I suppose someday my last 32-bit hardware will fail and my PMv6.52 will no longer install on 64-bit hardware. I ’ll burn that bridge when I get to it.