RE: Foreign characters in English text

Paul Breeze asked:
> Does anybody have a quick way of inserting these characters?

  If your need is very infrequent, you might be willing to put up
with my kludge of a solution: All the variations of a, A, e, i, etc
are activated with the RIGHT CTRL key (CTRLR). Holding it down and
tapping the desired lower-case or cap letter produces all forms of
accented a, A, etc--and I just delete the unneeded versions. For
good measure, the CTRLR+SHIFT table entry for A (30=.,.,.) includes
the Angstrom symbol and the AE combo, and u includes the symbol for
micrometers.
  -otis