Re: Redlining (was Re: Taboo Broken Again)

At 08:48 AM 4/1/97 +0000, you wrote:
>I'm not sure. I just know that my co-author says he can't use
>redlining.. it could just be that he can't figure it out.. he hates

Sherry, what is your default setting for Redlining? Unfortunately I don't
have my manuals with me, but I seem to remember that redlining in Xy4 has
the ability to store the date, time, and initials of the editor. XyIII+
didn't have this and probably is wondering what you are trying to do, having
all of this extra information in the mode definitions.

You can change your redlining defaults so that it acts like XyIII+. I can't
remember what the settings mean, but look for the two lines:
    ;RD defines redline settings.
    df rd=0,4,4,0,186
in the settings.dfl file. Then look up the definition in the manual and
change accordingly (BIG Help, I am, eh?! :-)) If that doesn't work, we'll
try some more digging around.

Carter Campbell
campbeca@xxxxxxxx
Calgary Alberta