Re: Anyone there?

I'm here. Slowly going through the back-files of Xy. I'm new to
the program, only last year. I bought it directly from TTG, based
solely on one review. Up to that point I worked exclusively with
WordPerfect for DOS. The review was in _Essential Software for
Writers_ by Hy Bender (Writer's Digest Books ISBN 0-89879-667-9).
I haven't been disappointed in terms of sheer speed. The problems
I have posed to this group have almost all been solved. I can honestly
say that I don't use XY 4 DOS (the version I have) in its fullest
capacity, however. I haven't learned XPL, or really delved into the
macros yet (for this I am relying on the book _XyWrite 4 Macros_ by
Art Campbell (Wincrest/McGraw-Hill ISBN 0-8306-4047-9 (pbk.), one
1.44 floppy with macros). Judging from past remarks there are bugs,
some of which I have run into.

I use both word processors now, and I love both.

I wish TTG would publish a newsletter of something. I haven't even
received junk mail from them (not that that is a good thing).

  "...we can only know what a thing is when we know it in
   more than one way." - Brian Aldiss, _Space Odysseys_

Tim      jloud@xxxxxxxx      Speaking only for myself.