Re: PS/2 keyboard connectors

Hi,

HP workstations have PS/2 ports, but a parallel port is becoming harder
to come by.

There are add-on cards that can solve even the address problems of I/O
ranges for legacy peripherals (there is a need for this in Virtual PC
2007!):

http://parallelportcards.computer-parts-store.com/Star_Tech_Com_1_Port_Pci_Parallel_Adapter_3.html

JNCS seems to carry Xeon workstations, but no price info. How do they
compare with comparable HP or Dell workstations which can cost several
thousands?

It is rarely advisable to buy used gear, but you can get a very good
system if you venture to buy one of the HP Xeon second-hand (not quite
leading-edge) workstations (e.g. Z400) for a couple of hundred bucks
from Ebay and equip it with an SSD. This kind of system is truly a
modern-day AT with still plenty of mileage remaining!

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxx