Re: Need new keyboard

--- On Thu, 4/2/09, Lisa Kleinholz  wrote:

> From: Lisa Kleinholz
> Subject: Need new keyboard
> To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Thursday, April 2, 2009, 5:47 AM
> My avant stellar keyboard is acting up. Before ordering a
> new one, I wonder if anyone can recommend a cheaper keyboard
> that has function keys on the left (and is programmable).
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Lisa

Lisa,

I never got less than 10 years of heavy use out of one of the Omnikey keyboards, and I would expect
the Avants to hold up just as well.

Some years ago, I got a MaxiSwitch keyboard for someone. Fn-keys on the left (possibly _also_ top
row, I don't recall now), good key action, and about half the cost of the Avants. At this point,
I'm not sure if it was programmable. That company may not be around anymore either, but maybe worth
a search.

 Jordan