Re: why

There is a saying I like to mangle. (Anyone, and i'm sure we have
someone here, who can tell me the original please do.)

You get the OS you deserve.

Russ
On Dec 16, 2005, at 1:17 AM, flash wrote:
Harry asked ≪why capitalism doesn't produce sensible software the way
it produces sensible cars, shoes, etc.≫

I think iti is because customers don't demand better. And when they
_had_ better, they got rid of it for the next version, which was worse.
That's how we got stuck with Windows. I once had an Atari 1040F with a
nifty little OS which booted from a diskette; it ran for 10 years
without once crashing or corrupting a file. I put it out to pasture when
it ran out of RAM, and I've not seen anything since which runs as
reliably as that Atari OS did.