Re: re-installing Xy -- Win 95

Nancy,

Are you recovering from a floppy disk? I think "DOS critical error" is a
disk error, for example when a floppy drive can't read from a disk. My HP
Pavilion floppy drive seems to be overly sensitive. Do you have XyWrite on
a desktop? You can copy it onto a new floppy disk.

FWIW, the way I installed XyWrite 3.54 DOS in Win 3.1 and in Win 98 was to
go into a DOS window, make a XY directory, and copy the files from my
floppy disk backup, or from my backup tape.

Then (in Win 98) I made a DOS shortcut (or what Win 3.1 calls an icon) and
put it on the desktop. That was an icon that I could click on to go to DOS.

Then I copied the DOS shortcut by dragging the shortcut with the Control
key down. I renamed the copy "XyWrite".

Then I clicked the right mouse button on the shortcut and entered
"Properties," then "Program".

I filled in C:\Xy\editor.exe in the command line. (I later added a batch
file, to include a path statement.)