Re: "...XyWrite to its knees"

Michael Norman writes:
≪ would the former Xy programmers on this
 list, perhaps subsidized by the rest of us, take up the task ≫

Alas, as far as I know, I'm the only former Xyquestrian who regularly reads
this list, and if it isn't already obvious, I'm not a programmer. Some of
the bugs, I fear, would be fixable only by Dave Erickson, grandaddy of the
original assembler code. For instance, the file-size limit of about 4.2 megs
is apparently buried somewhere so deeply that fixing it breaks something else
(apparently Dave has tried to fix this one, but I think he has bigger
SmartFish to fry).

If any of you programmers are lurking (Tom, Sam, Fred, Roy, Red, Craig, Joe?)
and would enjoy this challenge, let's hear from you.

Tim Baehr
TBaehr@xxxxxxxx