Re: Stack; Abnormal termination of MeNu frames; the Escape key

** Reply to message from "M.C."  on Tue, 13 Jan 2004 07:55:52
+0100

> More discoverings related to STACK: during operation, XyWrite sometimes
> inserts this chain of code in my files (at cursor): ©IF©VA$SM{>>}>0î
> when I press Escape Key (instead of Shift-Esc).

Sounds like out-of-memory to me. When I run the restore routine, I am
uncomfortably close to a memory breakdown -- up around 18Kb. What does
 command "VA/NV $M+6" return on your machine? In what contexts are you
using the Escape key and seeing that code string put into text? Something
peculiar about that code string: in 1252 it should appear like this:
"©IF©VA$SMî>0î" -- in other words, not "{>>}" -- you sure you've got the right
code in frame NULL? Doesn't look right to me...

How high have you set the max number of Stacked commands?

> My current definition of
> ESC is:
> 1=NOJM2,.,n,u,l,l,Q2

> Another and probably more relevant discovering: the "Hint" key I have
> included in my KBD file looks this way (I am quoting STACK.DOC):
> Make a "Hint" key:	nn=GH,DX,EL,SI,3/4,H,$S
> The reserved character is here, instead of a Yen symbol!

Yen is 850, 3/4 is 1252. Yes, it is normal, it should be there.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx