Re: available memory

Carl and Carlo,

VA $M+6 in Xy4 currently returns a value of 1 with 9 windows of text
files loaded, ranging in size from 12KB to 163KB. I guess that's w/in
tolerance.

Available memory with 9 windows loaded shows very similar values
(attached screenshots for reference) for Xy3 and Xy4.

Xy3 started making temp overflow files at the 7th window; Xy4 on the
second window (same batch of files in both cases). Xy4 scrolls through
long files with the PgDn key depressed faster than I can read, which is
certainly adequate. Xy3 scrolls through long files quicker, the text is
a black smear, hardly recognizable as letters any more--not that I need
it to scroll quicker, I merely noticed a difference.

I see what you mean about moving large blocks of defined text. Xy3
choked on a large defined block at the top of a file and single-key jump
to the bottom; Xy4 didn't. I usta hafta to move large defined blocks to a new file, scroll the original file to the target place, then re-move the defined text from the new file to the target. Won't need this kludge anymore. I can live with these results. Thanks again.

JPEG image

JPEG image