Re: USB printer and OED

** Reply to message from Bill Troop  on Sun, 07 Sep 2003
17:11:11 -0400

> >]It's a
> >question only of which driver is the _default_?
>
> That's what I've always found using my older OED on XP. It doesn't matter
> what printers you have installed, so long as the default is one that works
> with the OED, since it is evidently the default printer OED searches for at
> startup.

Thanks. I never realized that. Gee, in that case, there's an easy workaround,
a terrific little command line utility called Set Default Printer (SDP15.ZIP,
freeware) that could toggle the default printer from a BATch file when you open
OED! That would be a simple solution to the whole problem. Used in
combination with a timer like WAITFOR (in the ResKit), introducing say a 5
second pause:

sdp HP Laserjet 5L
waitfor -t 5
start OED.EXE